One of my most favourite dishes is a Delhi street food called Tikki Choley! Its a potato cutlet doused in chick pea curry. Crisp yet soft, savoury with a tangy sweet sauce and crisp pink onion and tomato salad on top!
My DevaKeto diet motivated me to make a vegan, low carb high protein cutlet that tastes exactly like its original counterpart (which is made from potatoes). It is nutritious and filling without compromising on taste!
And the best thing is that it is easy as 1-2-3!
- 1 cup – soya chunks
- 1 – onion, medium sized
- 1- grated carrot
- 2 tbsp corn kernel
- Few broccoli and cauliflower flowerets grated
- 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp – millet, powdered
- Oil – 3 tbsp or as required to toast/deep fry
- Salt – to taste
4 tbsp – coarsely ground oats
- Soak soya chunks in boiling water for 15-20 minutes. Wash thoroughly.
- Drain water completely and squeeze to remove excess water and mash or process in food processor.
- In a wide bowl, mix the soya chunks, chopped onion, grated carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, corn kernels, coriander leaves, red chilli, garam masala powder, required salt and mix well.
- Add the millet powder to bind together and make small round or oval shaped patties.
- Dip it in the coarsely ground oats until coated well on both the sides.
- Heat a pan with oil and cook it on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot on its own or with chaney and meethi chutney garnished with onions, tomatoes, coriander and boondi or sev.